Soy milks are readily available in the refrigerated section of any supermarket, and also in the long-life milk aisle. Sanitarium So Good & Vitasoy are just two. They taste good in tea and coffee, and are a great base for smoothies with fresh fruit or a handful of frozen berries.
Soy milks are also a great source of calcium and omega 3.
There are also Almond Milks and Coconut Milk and Coconut Cream most recipes work very well with these alternatives to dairy products.
- Soy milk – Brands include Sanitarium (all vegan), Vitasoy (all vegan besides the purple calciplus and vitago’s), Freedom foods, Pure Harvest, Australia’s own and Homebrand.
- Oat milk – Brands include Vitasoy (vegan besides the bone essentials) and Pure harvest.
- Rice milk – Brands include Sanitarium, Vitasoy and Australia’s own.
- Almond milk – Brands include Blue diamond almond breeze, sanitarium and Australia’s own.
- Quinoa milk – Freedom foods brand is available in most supermarkets.
Kingland, Melrose, Plamil, and others (various varieties, made with sunflower oil, water, cider vinegar, sugar, salt, lemon juice, soy beans etc.) available in supermarkets and health food stores.
Copha vegetable shortening is a useful product to use for cooking.
- Vegusto no-moo piquant and mildly aromatic cheese – available from Everything Vegan, Bliss organic and selected health food/wholefood stores.
- Teese cheese – available from Bliss organic and selected health food/wholefood stores.
- Notzarella cheese – available from Everything Vegan.
- Sheese cream cheese and block cheese varieties – available from Everything Vegan and selected health food/wholefoods stores.
- Tofutti cheese slices (mozzarella and American style), cream cheese and ricotta cheese – available from Everything Vegan, selected Coles, Woolworths and IGA supermarkets and selected health food/wholefoods stores.
- Cheezly Cheese varieties including Parmesan, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Edam and Blue available from some supermarkets and Health food stores.
- Kingland Soy Mayonnaise, Cream Cheese, Soya Cheese.
- Soy Life, various flavors – Available at most supermarkets.
- Coyo – Mango & Passion Fruit
- Babushka Almond Yoghurt – Berry & Apricot
- Kingland Yogurts – Plain, mixed berry & strawberry.
- Redwood ‘wot no dairy’ yoghurt – Available from everything vegan.
- Coles brand lemon sorbet – available from Coles
- Gelativo sorbet – available from Coles and Woolworths supermarkets
- Sanitarium So Good vanilla and chocolate ice cream – available from coles, woolworths, IGA and Foodland supermarkets.
- So Delicious dairy free almond milk ice cream – available from Goodies and grains in Adelaide.
- So Good Chocolate Supreme and Vanilla Bliss are great ice cream substitutes and are found in supermarket freezers.
- Weis Fruit flavoured sorbets (Berry, Mango, Lemon, Passionfruit/Orange and Pineapple/Tahitian Lime also in the freezer.
- Nushies Natural – Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Tiramisu & Green Tea flavours in 90ml + 500ml tubs. These are plan oil free & some flavours also soy free.
- Coyo Cherry & Choc Nibs.
- CocoLuscious – Vanilla, Chocolate, Raspberry, Blueberry, Choc Chip Cookie Dough, Peppermint. All palm oil free.
- Live a Little Gelato – Cinnamon Chai, Fresh mint & Dark Chocolate, Orange Zest, Chocolate, Lemon Sorbet and Vanilla Bean.
- Botanical Cuisine – gingerbread, french vanilla & chocolate.
- Tofutti – Ice cream in vanilla, choc, Marry Me Bars, Flower Pops and Tofutti Cuties.
Some Black Swan and Wattle Valley brand dips are dairy-free. Just check ingredients list.
There are many dairy–free chocolates:
- Sweet William (varieties including Choc bits for cooking and White Delight), Loving Earth, Alter Ego varieties, Funky Chocolat.
- Whittakers Blocks (Dark chocolate 50%, Dark Almond, Dark Ghana 72%, Peppermint, Rum & Raisin, Dark Orange) and Dark Peanut slab.
- Eskal Noble Choice (Choc mint, Choc & raspberries, Choc & almonds or Dark choc). – Available from Coles, IGA and Everything Vegan.
- Sweet William chocolate range (original, white, nutty crunch, rice crackle, sweet as, choc chips and chocolate spread) – available from Coles, Woolworths, IGA, Big W and Everything Vegan.
- Loving earth RAW chocolate blocks (coconut mylk, Lucuma maca, orange and gubinge, mild chilli, dark chocolate, crunchy mint, sour cherry and acai, and almond and purple corn) – Available from selected health food/whole food stores, Bliss organic and Everything Vegan.
- Bonvita organic ricemilk chocolate blocks (blueberries, orange, white, and milk)- Available from Everything Vegan.
- Seed and bean chocolate blocks (lemon and cardamon, madarin ginger, lavender, coffee, chilli lime, cornish sea salt, extra dark, coconut raspberry, and mint) – Available from Everything Vegan.
- Holy cow golden crunch (vegan violet crumble) – available from Everything Vegan.Plamil organic chocolate blocks (rum and raisin, ginger, mint, luxury, no added sugar, and orange) – Available from health food/whole food stores and Everything Vegan.
- Green and black’s organic dark chocolate – Available from most supermarkets.
- Drinking Chocolate : Loving Earth (Health food stores), Cadbury Drinking Chocolate (Original, Mint, Caramel)
All Orgran brand products are dairy-free, so choose their Custard Powder, Pastry Mixes, biscuits etc.
Non-dairy refrigerated items that are available online & at Everything Vegan:
Non-dairy panty items available online & at Everything Vegan: